MY TREE LOOKS SICK. MY NEIGHBOR SAID IT MIGHT HAVE A TREE FUNGUS. WHAT IS A TREE FUNGUS?
HOW DID MY TREE GET A TREE FUNGUS
Using yard tools that aren't sanitized can aid the fungi in spreading also. For the above-stated reasons, it's always best to entrust your regular lawn care to an experienced tree company. They will see to it that careless wounds don't happen to your trees and that fungal diseases aren't invited on your environmental grounds.
WHAT ARE SIGNS OF A TREE FUNGUS
ARE THERE TREE FUNGUS DISEASES THAT CAN HARM MY TREE?
- ANTHRACNOSE: This tree fungus is most active during wet, cool spring weather. It overwinters in fallen leaves and will continue to infect your trees for years if treatment isn't administered quickly. This fungal nemesis will leave your tree stressed and vulnerable to other tree diseases. The infected tree will develop leaf spots and blotches, premature defoliation and dieback.
- HYPOXYLON CANKER: Left untreated, this disease will ultimately result in the death of the tree. It generally doesn't infect healthy, robust trees but primarily targets trees that have been wounded and suffered stress. The canker (sores) first appear as a light tannish-brown and eventually turn silver-gray with dark black spots. When you notice these unsightly cankers, contact an arborist that treats sick trees immediately!
- PHYTOPHTHORA: Be on the look out for this one! This is extremely destructive and widespread and will eat away at the root system and kill your tree without treatment. The worst case scenario is that the tree becomes structurally unsafe and can uproot or topple over without warning! Symptoms include stunted growth, dieback, brown-ish colored leaves and drooping and curling foliage.
- OAK WILT: This serious tree fungal disease primarily targets oak trees. No oak tree varieties are immune to this tree destroyer. It is spread via insects and through connected tree root systems. Without treatment, it will kill your tree rapidly, often in less than a few months. Symptoms include premature defoliation and discoloration of leaves. Get help from an experienced tree company immediately!
- LEAF SPOT: This won't go unnoticed! When you first observe spots and blotches on your tree's foliage, contact an experienced tree company! Spots can be tiny black dots or odd-shaped splotches with purple or dark brown borders. As the disease progresses, more spots will appear and eventually the leaves will die and fall off the tree.
WHAT CAN I DO TO PROTECT MY TREE FROM A TREE FUNGUS
The sooner you address the problem then the least amount of damage will be done to your valuable tree. Early treatment is essential!
- DEEP ROOT FERTILIZATION: This important tree health care treatment is a must-do! The extensively-trained tree expert injects under pressure the precise liquid nutrients and minerals that the tree needs directly into its root zone. Topical fertilizer isn't enough to nourish trees properly! Soil aeration results from the injected oxygen and the issues associated with soil compaction are eliminated. Trees that receive this important health treatment annually maintain a robust root structure and are 95% more resistant to tree diseases.
- CONTROLLED WATERING: Sprinklers may be easy, but it's not doing your trees any favor! They're not good for the health of your trees because they leave excessive moisture on the tree's leaves and on the outdoor habitat grounds. This wet environment invites the development of destructive fungal diseases. Controlled watering by soaker hoses or soil drenching, as directed and overseen by an arbor care professional, will make certain that your tree's receive the correct amount of water and that dreaded fungal diseases won't happen!
- PREVENT WOUNDS: Frequently, damaging tree diseases and insect pests target trees that have been wounded or damaged. Accidental tree wounds can innocently occur from basic lawn maintenance, small construction projects and weed trimmers and shovels. Always entrust the care of your residential grounds to a professional arbor care company. They'll see to it that careless wounds don't happen to your valuable trees!
- REMOVE AND DESTROY SERIOUSLY DISEASED TREES: When trees are past the point of saving, they must be professionally removed and destroyed by an experienced tree company with extensive history in tree removal. This is to protect your healthy trees and prevent the destructive fungal disease from infiltrating through your entire outdoor environment. This is yet another reason why you should always contact the best arborist in Fort Worth as soon as you notice that your tree is declining in health!
- CONTINUAL TREE HEALTH CARE MAINTENANCE PLAN: The best way to make sure that your trees always remain healthy and strong is to enlist the services and expertise of an experienced tree company. They will analyze and assess your outdoor grounds and will develop the perfect maintenance care plan especially for you. This will give you peace of mind in knowing that your residential grounds will be beautiful and that your trees won't be plagued with destructive tree fungus.