When your tree is not growing new leaves in springtime, it is most likely due to the fact that the tree has been subjected to stress. Stress can cause even healthy trees to become weak, vulnerable and exhibit signs of a declining tree or manifest undesirable symptoms.
WHAT HAS CAUSED MY TREE TO BECOME STRESSED?
- UNSEASONAL TEMPERATURE CHANGES
- DAMAGING WINDS AND STORMS
- OVERCROWDED TREES & PLANTS
- POOR DRAINAGE AND STANDING WATER
CAN A TREE DISEASE CAUSE MY TREE TO NOT LEAF OUT?
Yes. There are numerous tree diseases common in the Fort Worth area that can cause trees not to develop new foliage growth. An experienced plant pathologist will examine the tree and provide a diagnosis report.
WHAT SHOULD I DO ABOUT MY TREE NOT GROWING LEAVES AND HOW CAN I PREVENT THIS FROM HAPPENING AGAIN?
- CONTACT AN EXPERIENCED TREE COMPANY
- CONTINUAL TREE HEALTH CARE MAINTENANCE PLAN
- DEEP ROOT FERTILIZATION
- REGULARLY-SCHEDULED PRUNING