MY WILLOW TREE LOOKS SICK. WHAT SHOULD I DO?
The arbor care professional will evaluate and assess the health of your willow and complete a tree evaluation report. Willow trees grow quickly and have a massive root system. When in question, always contact the best arborist in Fort Worth, Texas!
WHAT ARE SIGNS OF A SICK WILLOW TREE?
ARE THERE TREE DISEASES OR INSECT PESTS THAT CAN HURT MY WILLOW TREE?
- ROOT ROT: This dreaded disease targets the willow's root structure and will result in an overall decline of your prized willow tree's health. It's imperative that you contact an experienced tree company as soon as you see that your willow tree appears to be sick. Early treatment is essential!
- WILLOW SCAB: A tree fungus disease, willow scab will kill new growth on the willow tree and cause unsightly canker sores to manifest. If treatment is administered quickly, it can usually be battled. Don't wait until it's too late! Willow trees are known for loving water, but fungal tree diseases do also! Contact the best arborist in Fort Worth right away!
- BAGWORMS: Those odd cone formations hanging from your willow tree are deceptive bagworms! They form these cones from bits of leaves and bark so as to hide inside and protect themselves. They will cause premature defoliation in a short period of time; therefore, contact a tree care specialist as soon as you observe them. Here in Fort Worth, they go on a feeding frenzy from April through the summer. Take action and enlist the services of a tree care specialist immediately!
- GYPSY MOTH: The population of these voracious insect predators is increasing in record numbers. Their infestation can completely defoliate the tree. Not only will your willow tree have an unsightly appearance, these moths will cause the willow to have stunted growth and become stressed and vulnerable to other infectious tree diseases. Take action immediately because gypsy moths reproduce quickly. Without treatment, your willow and your outdoor environment will be overtaken by these insect pests!
WHAT CAN I DO TO KEEP MY WILLOW TREE HEALTHY?
If you sense that your prized willow is declining in health, take the proactive approach and contact an experienced tree company. The best way to handle a tree disease or insect pest that is damaging your willow tree is to prevent the frustrating situation from ever happening in the first place!
- REGULAR PRUNING: Regularly-scheduled pruning by a professional tree pruning service will prevent destructive diseases such as tree fungus from destroying your willow tree. They will see to it that damaged limbs are pruned and destroyed. Guarding the health of your valuable willow tree is crucial!
- DEEP ROOT FERTILIZATION: We highly recommend this very important tree health care treatment! The highly-trained tree expert injects under pressure the liquid nutrients and minerals that the willow tree needs directly into its root zone. Don't mistakenly think that fertilizing your yard feeds willow trees adequately! Soil aeration results from the injected oxygen and the problems associated with soil compaction are corrected. Trees that receive this important health treatment annually maintain a robust, strong root structure and are 95% more resistant to damaging tree diseases and insect pest infestations.
- CONTINUAL TREE HEALTH CARE MAINTENANCE PLAN: You certainly want to make sure that your willow trees always remain beautiful, healthy and strong, don't you? Enlist the services and expertise of an experienced tree company. They will evaluate and assess your outdoor grounds and will customize the perfect maintenance care plan exclusively for you. Willow trees love water, but too much water can invite tree fungus diseases! If controlled watering is necessary, the tree experts will see to it that your prized trees receive that and are guarded. This will give you peace of mind in knowing that your residential grounds will be beautiful and make you proud and that your valuable trees will be safe and protected.